Mother's Day 2021: Greetings to wish mothers with on their special day tomorrow

Mother’s Day 2021: Every year, the special occasion of Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of May. This year, the day will be marked on 9 May.

It is observed to honour all the mothers who dedicate their lives to their children and families.

Officially, this day was established by the 28th US President Woodrow Wilson. On this occasion, children give presents and flowers to their mothers. They also give their mothers an off from all the household chores and do the work themselves.

Happy Mothers Day 2021

Here are a few messages and greetings for the occasion of Mother’s Day 2021 which you can share to wish your mother:

- Thanks for being my mom, mom. Happy Mother’s day!

- I am grateful for everything you’ve done for me. Happy Mother’s Day!

- You deserve a medal for putting up with me for all these years. Thank you for everything.

- A mom bears all the pain and faces all the difficulties to make her kids happy. Wish you a heartfelt Mother’s day!

- I hope to become as graceful, as strong, and as loving as you are. Thank you for inspiring me, mom!

Happy Mothers Day 2021

- I found my best friend in you. Nobody can take your place in my life. Happy Mother’s day

- Love, Empathy, Care and Strength: The most important lessons in life were learnt in your arms Mom, not in any school. Happy Mother's Day

Image Courtesy: Nick Fewings. Unsplash

- I hope the light in your eyes always shines like this. Thank you for making me who I am mom, Happy Mother's Day

- Nobody can take care of me as you do. I love you, mom. Happy Mother’s day!

- On this Mother’s day, I just wanted you to know that I love you the most.

- I am what I am because of what you taught me. I love you, mom. Happy Mother’s day!

 

- Thanks for being there for me mom, Happy Mother’s day!

Happy Mothers Day 2021

- Wishing you all the happiness not only today but for the rest of your life. Happy Mother’s day!

- All my life I kept wishing to grow older so I could finally move out and do my own thing. But now I wish I could just turn back time to be a child and hug my mom again.

- I am so grateful to be blessed with a nurturer as pure and strong as you have been mom. With all my love, Happy Mother’s day!

 

- Your loving and caring ways have inspired me to be the best person I can be. Thank you with all my heart.

History and significance of Mother's Day

According to History.com, Mother’s Day dates back to ancient Greeks and Romans who celebrated in honour of mother goddesses Rhea and Cybele. However, modern reference to the day can be found in Mothering Sunday, which was the fourth Sunday in Lent celebrated in the UK and some parts of Europe.

The festival was religious in nature as on Mothering Sunday, people used to visit their main church, also known as the mother church.

Finally, the second Sunday of May was designated as Mother’s Day due to the efforts of Anna Jarvis who wrote to political leaders for inclusion of Mother’s Day in the national calendar. Her efforts came to fruit when US President Wilson made Mother’s Day official in 1914.



from Firstpost India Latest News https://ift.tt/3esC2La
FP Trending

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Both COVID-19 vaccine doses needed for good protection against B16172 variant

New coronavirus variant emerge in India: How should our COVID response change?

Aditya L1 Mission: Spacecraft is nearing its final phase, says ISRO chief